Dental Pain & Dental Issue- No more an obstruction
Dental Pain and dental problems are one of the most common issues everyone faces atleast once in their lives. But if it’s happening more often, then there are some precautions which should be taken to avoid any kind of severe infections.
Regular dental exams
They are an important part of preventive health care. A dental exam might also involve dental X-rays or other diagnostic procedures.
During a dental exam, the dentist will:
- Evaluate overall health and oral hygiene
- Evaluate the risk of root decay, tooth decay and gum or bone disease
- Evaluate the need for tooth replacement.
- Check the Jaw and bite for problems
- Remove stains or deposits on the teeth
- Demonstrate proper cleaning techniques for teeth or dentures
- Dentist will take dental X-rays or, if required will do other diagnostic procedures
Maintain Good Oral Hygiene
It is vital to maintain a good oral hygiene by following these tips:
– One should brush twice daily, in an up and down or circular motion for healthy gums and teeth. Warm salt water gargling is the best mouthwash. In case of mild infection, one should use an antibacterial mouthwash prescribed by the dentist. Because, if anyone uses mouthwashes regularly without the advice of the dentist for a long period, it causes staining and yellowing of teeth.
-It is always better to visit the dentist once in 6 months and go for cleaning of teeth, which is also known as dental scaling at least once in a year to prevent bleeding gums and bad breath. This periodical cleaning of teeth and gums has nowadays become very important because, mostly people cook food which does not allow proper cleaning and flushing away of debris from spaces in between the teeth.
– One should also try and go for orthodontic treatments known as wire braces only if necessary as it results in some amount of destruction of periodontium and leads to spacing between the teeth. It also generates loosened teeth and bleeding gums. Poor oral hygiene in patients who are wearing wire braces, causes calcified deposits on the teeth and in between the teeth. People need to remember that braces should be used for treatment and not as a beauty enhancement procedure. Whoever undergoes this treatment, they should have knowledge about maintenance of oral hygiene during and after this treatment.
-If anyone is suffering from severe inflammation and bleeding through gums, they should consult a dentist and do a periodic check-up for diabetes, as inflammation of gums is the clear indicator of having diabetes. Any hard swelling inside the mouth requires immediate check-up as soon as possible, to rule out any tumours.
– One should also avoid tobacco chewing and smoking to prevent mouth cancers.
How to Take care of the teeth
Taking care of our teeth is one of the important things which cannot be ignored. So, one should follow these steps to keep them healthy and safe.
- One should drink plenty of water as it’s a natural mouth wash and stain remover.
- Brush at least twice a day, but 20 minutes after a meal.
- Massage your gums. Use a soft brush in a circular motion from the gums to the teeth. One should never neglect the tongue.
- Floss daily to avoid plaque, particles of food left between the teeth.
- Whenever one indulges in colas or sweets, rinse out mouth immediately.
- Chew sugar-free gum to increase saliva production, which avoids plaque build-up. Raw veggies or a crisp fresh fruit after a meal is a natural cleanser.
- If anyone is prone to tooth decay, they should consider fluoride treatment. Fluoride can make the enamel more resistant to the acid that promotes cavities, especially for kids.
- Visit your dentist regularly
Visit Dentist in pain
If anyone is experiencing a toothache or pain, accompanied by swelling, or redness, they should immediately visit the dentist. A number of people delay going to the dentist when they’re in pain, either because they think it might get better on its own, or they’re afraid of what the treatment will cost. But this can result in making it more expensive, not less. The sooner one visits the dentist, the sooner they can make the pain go away.