Essential Tips on How to Handle Your Toothaches
Your toothaches occur due to abscess, clenching, severe infection, or decay. The pain can be associated with life-threatening conditions, and an emergency dentist can help you to manage your pain. You can make an early appointment with your dentist to avoid prolonged severity.
Common Causes of Toothache
A toothache may be attributed to various causes that indicate you have a severe underlying issue. It would be vital to make a visit to your dentist to identify the cause of your tooth pain. The following are some of the common causes of your tooth pain:
Your teeth may be affected by bacteria, due to the deposition of plaque between them. The bacteria damage your enamel and other tissues leading to severe pain into your pulp cavity.
If you have a clenching jaw bone or grinding teeth, stress is exerted on your jaw joint, resulting in tooth pain. TMJ syndrome causes discomfort to your tooth, and you may require a dental splint to separate your jaws to avoid clenching.
Some dental care products can penetrate your tissues and cause sensitivity. You need to use recommended products to manage the sensitivity that inflicts pain into your tooth.
Fractured or chipped tooth causes damage to your tooth. The injury can result in mouth trauma or an accident, and you require an emergency dentist to help manage your tooth pain.
Home Remedies for Your Toothache
Oral care products can help you to alleviate tooth pain and sensitivity. You need to follow your routine oral care practices. Below are some of the home therapies you can use:
- In case you have sensitive gums, floss your oral tissues using Oral-B glide comfort plus. It’s friendly to your tissues and lowers the sensitivity of your gums.
- Use an Oral-B soft-bristled toothbrush to remove plaque between your teeth and prevent irritation of your dental tissues. Your hygienist may recommend you to change your toothbrush after a while.
- For sensitive tissues, use sensitive and enamel shield products. The products provide overall protection against plaque formation, cavity development, periodontal infections, and sensitivity. Your fresh breath is restored, and your oral care comprehensively observed.
How You Can Stop a Toothache
You’ll need to visit the dentist near you to stop toothaches that are caused by gum infections and dental cavities. Your specialists will exam you and perform diagnostics to determine the root cause of your tooth pain. Root canal, scaling, or dental filling procedures can be done to handle your anxiety.
Upon treatment, you’ll require enamel shield regimen and sensitivity shield gel, to control sensitivity. Ensure you follow regular oral care guidelines from your dentist to prevent further decay and manage your tooth pain.
Finding Toothache Relief
Toothaches can be eliminated by observing your regular dental hygiene practices. In the case of dental emergencies, make an appointment with your dentist immediately. The following measures can ease your tooth pain:
- Avoid smoking tobacco since it weakens your dental structure and can lead to more pain.
- Observe a proper diet that helps strengthen your enamel and other dental tissues, and avoid sugary foods that cause the thriving of bacteria.
- Use a protective gear while engaging in sporting or rigorous activities to protect your mouth tissues against injuries.
- Undergo regular dental flossing and brushing by using recommended fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled brush to remove plaque. Use an antiseptic mouthwash to remove bacteria and maintain healthy oral tissues.
- Visit your dentist for dental exams to identify underlying issues and periodontal disease treatment.
- Prevent your child from tooth decay by fluoride treatment options as directed by the pediatric dentist.
How We Deal With Toothaches atOur Dental Clinic in Union City, NJ
At Hudson Family Dental, we help you alleviate tooth pain by performing a dental exam to identify the cause of your toothache. We use a root canal procedure if a bacterial infection or severe decay severely damages your tooth. We provide you with an appropriate treatment upon a diagnostic procedure.
Our Union City dentist provides you with a long-term relief, and hoe-based therapies that would help you manage tooth pain. We recommend you to undergo fluoride treatment and regular dental flossing and brushing, to ensure proper oral health. Please make an appointment with our specialists today to help you ease tooth pain.